Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sometimes life's not fair for a reason

People always say “life’s not fair.” Sometimes we say it in a whiney voice and sometimes we say it in an adult voice to calm someone around us. We all understand the basic sentiment that we can’t have everything we want, but it’s still hard not to feel like it’s “not fair.”

Every once in a while there are moments when we get some time away from the “life’s not fair”  moment and we have the perspective to realize that we were grateful we didn’t get what we thought we wanted. 

Sometimes we are glad that life wasn’t fair for that moment so that we could get to where we are now.

Right now there are certain aspects of my life that are not fair. They are not right. I have people making decisions for me and my family about “what’s fair” according to the law.

It’s not fair is an understatement in this moment.

But while I feel very strongly that what is happening to my family right now is not fair, I also realize that sometimes these things have to happen in order to get what is ultimately fair.

I have to believe that.


Because to believe that all this pain is happening for no reason is just too unbelievable to me. I can’t imagine that God would allow this to happen to no good reason and I pray for the day when I can look back and say, “Thank God this had to happen to open the door to a better life for my family.”

No comments:

Post a Comment